Editio Publishing LLC
IMPORTANT: BY USING THE SITE AND/OR OFFERINGS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE SITE.
- What personal identifying information we collect.
In order to use some features of the Website, you must first complete the registration process. During registration, you are required to provide certain Personally Identifiable Information, including, but not limited to the information described below. This information will periodically be used by us to contact you.
We collect your
date of birth/age
gender and other demographic information
We retain your history of
Editio Web Site(s) are set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Through web site access logs Editio does collect clickstream data and HTTP protocol elements, which generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff for research and development, user analysis and business decision making, all of which provides better services to the public. The statistics garnered, which contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information, may also be provided to third parties.
We collect and use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement, and gather broad aggregate demographic information for reporting and sponsorship purposes. IP addresses are not linked to Personally Identifiable Information.
- Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to us. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Website from those we actually know are under 18, nor do we allow registration of users under the age of 18.
- How we use personal identifying information. We take your privacy very seriously. Accordingly, we agree that we will only use the information you provide for the following specific purposes:
to effectuate a registration made by you;
to customize the advertising and content you see;
to fulfill your requests for products and services (including purchases);
to improve the content and overall look and feel of our Website and services;
to conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients and third parties, when necessary;
to contact you about site news, updates and changes to this policy, and to enable you to retrieve your password, if necessary.
- Disclosure of personal identifying information.
We may disclose personal identifying information to:
– employees within Editio for routine operations such as accounting and billing
– certain suppliers of services to Editio
– agents of Editio
– businesses affiliated with Editio
– government authorities when we are required to do so by reason of a government requirement or court order
– To third parties for marketing analysis: Editio reserves the right to disclose to third parties personal information about customers for marketing analysis; however, any information disclosed will be in the form of aggregate data that does not describe or identify an individual customer.
We agree that we will not share, sell, rent or otherwise distribute your Personally Identifiable Information with outside parties, except to facilitate payments and to provide products or services you’ve requested through us, or in response to a validly-issued subpoena, court order, or other legal process, or when necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims made by you or on your behalf.
From time to time, we may employ the use of return email addresses to answer the email we receive from you. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
From time to time, we may use non-identifiable aggregate information to better design our Website and to share with select advertising partners, sponsors, and/or affiliates. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our Website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to personally identify those individuals.
Finally, we agree that we will never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us by you in any way that violates or is otherwise unrelated to the means described in this agreement, without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
- The reasonable safeguards we use to secure your information. We collect your contact information and your credit card information using standard electronic channels. The electronic channels we use to collect your information may include email and telephone channels. The information we collect is stored in both paper and electronic records within our office. We do not remove your information from our office. The paper files are kept under lock and key. The electronic information is stored on servers managed by third-party service providers we believe to be trustworthy. Internally to Editio, we use a secure network and whenever possible we transmit data only over a secure network to reduce risk of disruption or interception of information.
- Scope of this Agreement; Third Party Websites. Although this agreement applies to the entirety of information obtained by you for the purpose of accessing or using content controlled and owned by Editio, it does not apply to entities that are not owned or controlled by us. This Website contains links to other third party websites and uses a third party payment processor. Please be aware that Editio does not claim any responsibility for the privacy practices of these third party sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to take reasonable precautions when sharing your personally identifiable information on third party websites.
- Opt-In Policy. You may “opt in” to receive newsletters, promotional offers and other useful information from us. If you have opted in and want to unsubscribe from our mailings (except important system and content update information detailed below), you may go to the ‘My Account’ section of the Website and edit your personal profile by selecting the “edit my profile” link.
- No Liability for Acts of Third Parties. Editio will exercise all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of customer personal information. However, transmissions protected by industry standard security technology and implemented by human beings cannot be made absolutely secure. Consequently, Editio shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information due to no fault of Editio including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of Editio staff and/or third parties.