Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Our website, the Editio Publishing site (the “Site”). This site is maintained as a service to our customers (“you”). By using this site, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. Please review these terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not use this site. These Terms are subject to change at any time, so please monitor this page regularly.
Name of Website Operator: Editio Publishing, LLC (“We”, “Us”, “Our”)
Operator Address: 1140 3rd Street NE, Washington DC, 20002
Operator E-mail Address: email@example.com
Effective Date: 10/25/2021
- This Term of Use agreement (“the “Agreement”) specifies the Terms and Conditions for access to and use of the Site. This Agreement may be modified at any time by Us by posting the modified Agreement. Any such modifications shall be effective immediately. You can view the most recent version of these terms at any time at the address of this page you are now viewing. Each use by you shall constitute and be deemed your unconditional acceptance of this Agreement.
- Services Provided Through The Site and Your Responsibilities. We provide legal, high-quality, English translations of popular Japanese and Korean fiction. Our platform gives readers around the world access to a wide variety of popular fiction—from action to romance to mystery.
- Intended Audience; Responsible Use. This website is not intended for any children under the age of 18. The Site is intended only for use by adults who want legal, high-quality translations of popular fiction. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for your actions and decisions in using the services provided on the Site. When you use The Site, you may incur charges from your mobile telecoms provider and/or your internet service provider. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any such charges. You must use only the contact information provided above when you require support for your use of this Site.
- All content included on this site is and shall continue to be owned by Us or Our content suppliers and is protected under applicable copyright, patent, trademark, and other proprietary rights. You may use this Site only as expressly permitted in this Agreement. Any other use, including copying, redistribution, or publication of any content or any part of the Site is prohibited. Under no circumstances will you acquire any ownership rights or other interest in any content on the Site by or through your use of this Site.
- If You provide Us with any suggestions for changes in the Site or the content, form or presentation of the outputs of the Site, and We implement those changes, We will own all rights and title to those changes the underlying software and other tools required to implement those changes.
- Grant Of Limited License To Use The Site. We grant you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to use this site solely for your own personal or corporate use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works, or any other use. You agree not to copy materials on the site, reverse engineer or break into the site, or use Our materials, products, or services in violation of any law. The use of this website is at Our sole discretion, and We may terminate your use of this website at any time.
- NO WARRANTY. THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE, THIS SITE’S FUNCTIONALITY, AND ALL PRODUCTS PROVIDED FOR PURCHASE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES, STATUTORY WARRANTIES, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT YOUR JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES, THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
- Do Not Rely on the Site. Opinions, advice, statements, or other comments should not necessarily be relied upon and are not to be construed as professional advice from Us.
- Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THE SITE, YOUR SITE USE, OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OR DEFAULT OF THIS AGREEMENT BY US SHALL BE A RETURN OF ANY FEES PAID TO US FOR ANY SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
You may have additional rights under certain laws (including consumer laws) that do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, the exclusions or limitations in this Agreement that directly conflict with such laws may not apply to you.
- Applicable Law. You agree that the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions will govern these Terms and Condition of Use and any dispute that may arise between you and Us or Our affiliates.
- Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or related in any to this Agreement or any services performed hereunder which cannot be amicably resolved by the parties shall be solely and finally settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its commercial arbitration rules. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitration shall take place before a panel of three (3) arbitrators sitting in Washington, DC. The language of the arbitration shall be English. The arbitrators will be bound to adjudicate all disputes in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia. The decision of the arbitrators shall be in writing with written findings of fact and shall be final and binding on the parties. Each party shall bear its own costs relating to the arbitration proceedings irrespective of its outcome. This section provides the sole recourse for the settlement of any disputes arising out of, in connection with, or related to this Agreement. Neither you nor the We shall be entitled to join or consolidate claims in arbitration by or against other users or arbitrate any claims as a representative or member of a class or in a private attorney general capacity. The terms of this sub-Section will survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
- If any provision of this Agreement is determined by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of this Agreement by Us must be in writing and signed by Our authorized representative.
- We may terminate your license to use the Site at any time, with or without notice, for any reason.
- Relationship of the Parties. Nothing contained in this Agreement or your use of the Site shall be construed to constitute either party as a partner, joint venturer, employee or agent of the other party, nor shall either party hold itself out as such. Neither party has any right or authority to incur, assume or create, in writing or otherwise, any warranty, liability or other obligation of any kind, express or implied, in the name of or on behalf of the other party, it being intended by both parties that each shall remain independent contractors responsible for its own actions.
- Assignment. We may assign Our rights and delegate Our duties hereunder at any time.